Thanksgiving is behind me. That's good. I over did it to be sure... but it could have been a lot worse. I did a lot of grazing during the early part of the day, but a) not nearly as much as "normal" and b) I stopped when it got more than uncomfortable but not quite painful. Unfortunately it stayed uncomfortable for most of the day.
Head hunger is still my nemesis because countless times I picked up something to shove in my face and had to actually remind myself that I was not hungry.
I had 10 people over for dinner (I did not cook. I merely opened up my home because it had more room than my mom's place... she and my Dad did all the cooking! I can't take any credit for the fabulous meal we had). I only have 8 dinner plates. I'm not the math teacher in my family, but.... Fortunately I have a couple of larger plates that aren't part of the set so my Dad got to use one of those. (He eats his cereal from a serving bowl.... is it a wonder I have issues with portion control?!) I ate off of one of my small appetizer plates. No one commented, so hopefully everyone just thought it was because of the plate shortage.
For my meal I ate 2 stuffing muffins and a small amount of turkey and cranberries. My favorites only. I couldn't bear to stuff in any desserts so I stopped eating. I was uncomfortable, but I guess that means the band is doing its job... I just need to learn to work with it!!
My weight stayed the same for the last week. I had a good drop initially after my 1st fill... then a small gain and then no movement (which I consider a victory for Thanksgiving week!).
I have my next fill on Dec 6, so just a week away. It can't come soon enough for me. For one thing, given that I want to, can and sometimes do eat just about anything I want, I obviously didn't fall into the minority that is optimally filled right away. Also, I could use the jump start that the post-fill diet progression will give me.
I feel that I did pretty well overall at Thanksgiving. Hopefully this next fill will help me be even stronger over Christmas... that's a lot of parties.
Oh, tiny NSV to share.... I went to a concert with a friend this weekend. Not only was I able to walk up about 7 flights of stairs to the balcony while carrying on a conversation, I did not feel like I was invading her personal space in the seats. Oh sure, I was rubbing thighs with the lady on the other side of me (also a woman "of size"), but for the first time in a very long time I didn't feel like I was making my friends uncomfortable. It can only get better, right?

That is a wonderful NSV! I also hope you get what you need out of your next fill to get you through the holidays.
ReplyDeleteGreat NSV!
ReplyDeleteWonderful NSV - you go girl! Head hunger is always the nemesis isn't it?
ReplyDelete