My weight loss has been painfully slow. But at least I'm losing. Whenever I get weighed at my surgeon's office it has always been down from the time before. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I'm not breaking any records, but I'm plugging along... and that's better progress than in any of my previous attempts at this battle. It's been 7 months since I first met with the surgeon. In that 7 months I've slowly (but surely) managed to lose over 35 lbs. I went in for my 3rd fill on Monday. (Only) down 1.5lbs since my last appt 5 weeks ago. He added another cc to bring me up to 5cc in my 14cc band. He reminded me that most patients he sees with this size band don't really feel the restriction until around 8cc so I'm doing fine. And my weight is down...which is especially good considering the time of year.
It's a snow day here for me. I normally work from home on Weds so it's not really a snow day... I still have to work, I'm just housebound due to the foot of snow in my driveway... and the 4' of snow left at the end of my driveway from the plows. I hate winter and every year I wonder why it is I stay in New England when I hate winter this much. Hopefully my father won't be too tired when he gets home from work and snowblows his driveway to come over and do mine as well. Oh wait, that's why I stay here... it is sometimes very handy to have my parents live about a mile away.

Slow and steady wins the race!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You will hit the sweet spot soon.
ReplyDelete35 lbs. is a great number! :) You're doing a fabulous job, sweetie! When is your next fill? We can go in every 2 weeks for a fill....does your surgeon have the same policy? Be aggressive until you get your sweet spot. Keep your chin up, you're doing wonderful! Also, so happy to have you join the challenge! Spread the word!
ReplyDelete