It's been 4 weeks since my 1st fill. I wasn't as nervous about this one. I was only down about 3.5lbs from last time. Not great, but better than gaining, right? With 4cc in a 14cc band, I'm probably not even close to optimum fill level. The PA said I was doing well and that considering the band isn't offering me much in the way of restriction right now, losing 3.5lbs in a month basically on my own, over Thanksgiving, is nothing to feel guilty about. OK.
She said it will be another 3-4 fills before I'm "there". Today she added 1cc to bring me up to 5cc. So, liquids for a while, then soft foods and just in time for the "Girls' Weekend" coming up (future post), I'll be back on solids.
The fill was slightly different than last time. For starters, the PA did it and not the surgeon. Pain was minimal and tolerable. She said that it was weird because she got saline out even though she wasn't exactly in the port so I had some oddity of pooling saline outside the port. She found the port, withdrew all that was in there and put 5cc of fresh saline back in. No problem drinking water, surgeon popped in to say hi, good work, see you in 4 weeks. He's no nonsense. I like that about him.
So one thing I've noticed is that with both fills I got raging headaches afterwards. I'm not sure it's related to the fill itself though. Both times I'd not eaten at all during the day prior to my appt. (Residual behavior from my Weight Watcher days where I wouldn't' eat anything during the day prior to weighing in). That could be it. I think that next time I will force myself to eat breakfast the morning of and see if that makes a difference. Old habits die hard though....

Good for you.. interesting about the headache.. I go in tomorrow for a fill. I will ask about that.
ReplyDeleteSounds like your making some great progress, keep it up! I notice I get headaches once in awhile before or after fills- I am going on 10+ now, and finally realized ite because my nerves get so worked up beforehand that I clench my jaw. Maybe this is something you've been doing? I'm sure you'll find the culprit soon, definetly try eating a little something before you go next time!
ReplyDeleteNot eating the day before a fill is a little weird, I am instructed not to eat the day of a fill, so why don't you try doing that instead? Then after your fill start drinking liquids and maybe that will help you avoid the headache. Not eating is generally hard on your body, you need food and nourishment.
ReplyDeletegood to hear that all is going well!!! i get my 2nd fill in jan, so i am taking lots of notes from you. keep up the helpful reporting!
ReplyDelete